Thanks for everyone who has participated so far in the Memorial Day Sale. It is great to see so many of you take advantage of these great savings on some of our overstocked products to help you grow your sales and grow your profit potential. I have heard some great ideas about how you are going to use these products to help increase your income during the summer months.
Part of what makes our business so incredible is the opportunity we have to connect with, build and maintain a client based culture. Unlike the retail world, we are able to have a different level of service and customer contact that puts us at an advantage over the retail environment. In addition, we have an incredible product that everyone loves. Like the retail world, your customers respond to the same types of incentives that the retailers have to drive and generate sales. This is where you can use the products that you purchased in the Memorial Day Sale to help you increase your sales. Here are some great ideas that I received from Sr. Director Tammy Clary of ways to create your own “Promotion” to encourage higher sales for the summer:
- Gift w/ purchase
- Everyone loves the old GWP…gift with purchase. This is something that is done very frequently at department stores. I like to use the GWP concept to help incent the purchase of a full price item. For instance, “For every skin care set purchased at full price, receive a FREE GWP worth $X”. Or “For every purchase of $X, receive a FREE GWP valued at $X”
- BOGO-buy one get one
- Who doesn’t love a BOGO sale? There are some really great products on the Sale list. Mineral Foundation is a great example of an item that has a loyal consumer base. These types of consumable products, in addition to lip colors, Lip Colors, Shadows, Blush have great appeal. These are the types of products where you can do a BOGO offer most effectively. Another way to do this would be a “Buy a product and get one of equal or less value for FREE”. Either way, women love a deal almost as much as they love our products.
- Client Appreciation Sale
- This is great for those who have an established client base. You can create an order form of products that you have on sale and send to your clients…or better yet, have a “Preferred Client Open House”. Send out invitations and have a Spring Savings Event.
- Use in spas as a "hot date" gifts
- This is huge! Have hot date sticky notes with future spa dates and bags with gifts if they choose one of my hot dates they get that gift.
- Create an "Oopps basket...."
- this is a basket that you pull out at the end of the spa (even after the sell)”oopps ladies I forgot to share this....these are items from private collections they are all $X today.” This brings at least $25-75 more $$ at the end of the spa.
- Package color sets shadow/blush together
- offer a deep discount this is great to get clients to try a new shade AND you take all the guess work out of it.
- Create a “Lip Color Wardrobe” set
- Take one pink/brown/rose/red color sell as a set. Tell them that this is all they need to have something to match everything in their wardrobe. (when I say package this is simply a clear cello bag with cute bow…EASY)
- Offer a sale of the week promotion
- send out e-card/postcard each week with weekly specials of things stocked up on.
Thank you Tammy…these are great ideas. These are just some of the amazing ideas of ways to use these sales to help increase your profits and increase sales activity during the summer. I would love to hear more of your ideas in the “comments” section below.
Ok…I have to throw this out there…there are some amazing products on sale for this Memorial Day Sale. Some of the must-haves in my option are as follows:
- Replenishing Lash and Brow Conditioner – this product sells for $160 at the retail counter. This one is a STEAL!!!!! At full price, this one is a STEAL!
- Corticure- This is a summer must-have. It is great for bug bites, poison ivy, sunburn, summer itchy skin, etc. No one should be without this product.
- Demarkable – I can’t think of a better time of year for this product than Swimsuit season. This product helps to treat stretchmarks and scarring and is a product that has a VERY loyal following. This is a great BOGO product for clients who already love this product.
- Skin Hydrator – This one makes summer skin glow. Nothing sets off a tan (natural or otherwise) like this product.
- Makeup Erase Pencil – With summer around the corner, every purse should contain one of these to take care of mascara runs and other makeup boo-boos.
- Brow Kits – I have to say, these are also products that sell for $30+ at the retail counters. These two brow colors and unique brow wax keep your brows groomed and looking great for all day, summer-resistant perfection.
- Show Of Hands Hand Treatments – these make great add on products to offer as a GWP when someone purchases your Show of Hands Instant Manicure at full price. You all know that the Cuticle Buffing Cream is one of my very favorite products in the line and it makes an INCREDIBLE GWP when teamed with an Instant Manicure.
- Spa Sugar and Spa Brown Sugar – these are our BEST SELLING bath and body collections. These make incredible BOGO offers or pre-packaged sets. Sell these at full price and make incredible profits. Another great idea is to use these sets as Hostess Gifts. Who doesn’t fall in love with either of these collections?
- Apothecary Love, Awaken and Relax – I am still IN LOVE with these products. These products appeal to those who appreciate the authentic, aromatherapeutic properties of essential oils. These lines are my absolute favorite bath and body products and what I keep in each of my bathrooms at home. Not only do the smells appeal to virtually everyone, they really create a very up-scale, prestige image for our line. When I give gifts, these are the products that I give.
- Luxuries of the Sea – Stock up on the Skin Balm and the Mineral Bath. These are GREAT summer products and make a great GWP when someone buys a set of the Luxuries of the Sea products at full price. The Skin Balm is INCREDIBLE when you have those unfortunate times of sun over-exposure and the Mineral Bath is an all time favorite. The Luxuries of the Sea Fango Mask and cologne are some of our best selling products right now. Use these two items as products to help increase a higher priced purchase.
This is a great time, for great savings. Again, I would love to hear some of the ways you are using these products to increase sales, bookings and spas this summer. If you haven’t yet ordered, you have until Midnight on the 26th to take advantage of the savings. Hopefully this blog will give you some new ideas to help you maximize your earning potential.
Have a fantastic week. See you back on Friday.