I hope you all had a great weekend and are enjoying your Labor Day holiday.
Today’s blog is one that is very near and dear to me. While it may seem that the target audience for this topic would be the new Consultants who have joined us in the last month, the information is really just as relevant for all Consultants, regardless of how long you have been in the business. If you are new Consultant, congratulations on starting your new business and welcome to the family. If you are one of the ones who shared the opportunity with a new Consultant, congratulations…keep on going and join us at the Grand Velas as we Escape to Paradise. It will definitely be a trip that you will never forget.
Remember, our goal here at the home office is to create clients for life. Of course that means all of your customers, but it also means you, the BC Consultant. This opportunity is multi-faceted, meaning, we have those who join our company to sell, build teams and climb the career ladder, we have those who join that love the products and want to be a personal user, and we have those who join who want to make a few extra dollars a month selling to friends and family. Our goal is to keep you as a lifetime member of our family, no matter what your motivation was for joining. Our mission is to provide personalized services and unforgettable experiences that change women's lives. We inspire every woman to control and celebrate her life with style. By fulfilling this mission, we will achieve our vision of putting BeautiControl on the lips of every woman...both figuratively and literally.
Whether you are new to the BeautiControl family, or you have been part of our family for a while, here are some of my personal tips for making the most of the opportunity as it relates to our amazing products:
· Let Everyone Know that Your Store is Open: As soon as you sign up as a new Consultant, let everyone know that you have just found an amazing product line that you are proud to represent. When you are proud of the decision you have made in becoming a BeautiControl Consultant, others will be proud for you. Your attitude determines your altitude. Let your friends and family share in your excitement about your new opportunity…for whatever reason you have chosen to join.
· Set Up Your Online Store-front (BeautiPage): For your first 30 days as a new Consultant, we offer you a Free Online Web-page, called BeautiPage. Be sure to log onto BeautiNet as soon as you receive your PIN and set up your BeautiPage. This is your online store-front and not only validates your business with a beautiful brand image, but offers you the ability to send e-Postcards to all of your friends, family and personal contacts to let them shop from you online. Include a message when you attach your link and let them know how excited you are and you want to offer an advance opportunity to those closest to you to shop from your new storefront. Another great idea is to post the link to your BeautiPage on Facebook…and frequently post messages. You will be amazed at how quickly the word will get around. The great thing about this is that when your client places an order on your BeautiPage, you receive a 40% commission on each purchase when you choose to have us fulfill the order for you. That means that you can start making money immediately without having to have any inventory on-hand. Putting money in your pocket quickly is our primary goal, and when you see that this business is profitable and fun, then you begin to get even more excited about the potential that it can offer. Encourage your friends and family to log on and take the Skin S.P.A. and eBeauti quizzes and find the product prescriptions and style/color recommendations that are best for them. I think you’ll find that your family and friends will be intrigued with the professionalism and uniqueness of these diagnostic tools and will be happy to make a purchase to help you get started. I don’t mean to be crass when I say this, but if your family and friends aren’t willing to help you out…you need new friends…LOL.
· Register for BeautiU: One of our key competitive advantages is that our Consultants are professionally trained in skin care treatments, beauty and style through our exclusive classroom-training program called BeautiU. At BeautiU, you will become a Certified Consultant and learn the basics of the business…product information, how to hold a Spa and how to make the most out of your new opportunity with BeautiControl.
· Take the 72 Hour Challenge: before your case arrives, take the opportunity to start putting some money in your pocket before placing your first order. The person who signed you up will be happy to help you out with this. One proven success formula is what we call the 72 Hour Challenge. By using some of our best selling products, you can easily demonstrate these products on your friends, family and colleagues at work and allow them to place an order. There are 4 products that I have found to be very successful, depending on the type of person you are targeting:
o If your potential clients are ones who are familiar with Spa treatments and more advanced skin care treatments, you can’t go wrong with our BC Spa Resurface Microdermabrasion and our Regeneration Tight Firm and Fill Face Cream. Our Microdermabrasion buffing cream contains the same laser cut crystals that you will find in a clinical Spa or Dermatologist’s office and are exclusive to BeautiControl. No other Direct Sales company has these crystals or a product that is as effective. You can easily demonstrate on the back of your client’s hand, or if they are willing, one side of their face, then follow with our #1 skin care treatment, Regeneration Tight Firm and Fill face cream. This revolutionary formula contains age defying peptides that go to work immediately to plump and diminish lines and wrinkles and helps relax the expression lines that make the skin look unnecessarily older than it should. Think of this product as a topical dermal filling treatment that offers the results of dermal filling and skin relaxing injections…without the price tag or the needles. I like to call this product “faux-tox”.
o If your clients are not the type that are as familiar with treatments of this nature, then you can’t go wrong with our best selling BC Spa Manicure – Instant Manicure and Extreme Hand Cream. These 2 products immediately erase dry, rough skin on the hands, and give you a complete manicure treatment in less than 5 minutes. Another key selling feature is that our hand cream is like a “moisture glove” that has “moisture memory”, meaning that the benefits will remain through several hand washings, unlike many competitive hand creams that lose their benefits the moment you wash your hands.
Once you have taken orders for these products, you can place and order or if you are going to attend BeautiU in the near future, you can save your orders and place them at BeautiU.
To learn more about the 72 Hour Challenge and how to implement this into your business, be sure to check out this week's Blog from your VP of Sales Charla Gervers.
· Hold Your First Spa: By now your have likely received your Spa Now case that has everything you need to hold your first Spa. Ok…this is you and me talking here…and even though if you are a new Consultant you don’t know me very well, I can assure you this…I call it like I see it. Your first Spa is NOT GOING TO BE PERFECT! The important thing to remember is HAVE FUN! Pick your best friends and make it a fun event. Tell them that you are new at this and they are your test group. They will love it, and you will find that it is really much easier than you thought it would be. Here are some things to keep in mind to make the most of your first Spa experience:
o Watch the DVD that comes in the case. It will give you the words to say to get you started. Once you get comfortable with it, you can put your own twist on it and make it more of your own.
o Keep it to an hour. You are more likely to make more sales and keep their attention when you keep it within a 1 hour time frame.
o Let your friends know that you need their help to help increase your potential clients. The more quickly you get outside your familiar market, the faster your business will get started. Offer your friends a little “treat” for helping you get your first referrals…maybe a discount for every new client they refer to you.
o Don’t worry about having all the products in the line. You sell what you show. Show what is in the case and then use your Beauti book to show your guests the other products that you can order for them.
· Attend BeautiU: I touched on this earlier, but do make it a priority to get to BeautiU. By now you have an idea of what products are going to be easier for you to sell and at BeautiU, you have a one-time opportunity to place your order and receive a 55% discount on your order. That means MORE PROFIT FOR YOU when you sell your products at full price. In addition, you will get a $100 product gift just for going to BeautiU, which, again, is money in your pocket. With the value of this gift alone, you can virtually recoup your investment to join, so it is almost like joining for free.
· Stock Your Store with Smart Inventory Purchases: Ok…this is very important. You have just opened a business…a “store” if you will. Would you open a Starbucks franchise and not have any coffee? Or open a clothing store and not have any clothes? Well, the same is true for this business. Inventory is a key part of your business. This is an impulsive and emotional business and you will find that you have more success in selling when the guests at your Spa can walk away with the products that they tried at your Spa. Now here is the important part…remember when I mentioned a few minutes ago that you sell what you show? Don’t feel as though you have to have a huge selection of inventory to get started. Start with the products that you are familiar with, then grow your inventory selections as you become more comfortable with your selling style and more familiar with the product line. Having lots of inventory on your shelves is not what’s important…having SMART inventory on your shelves is.
· Don’t Give Yourself Away: You are not a charity…you are in business. We are the #1 Spa Brand in America. The products that BeautiControl offers are a STEAL as it relates to the price points when compared to competitive brands that don’t even offer the same, high-powered, clinical results of our products. When you discount your products to your clients, you #1 set a precedence that is very difficult to reverse and #2 de-value yourself and your brand image. That’s right…when people find your product to be “cheap”…then they think of it as cheap! If your client wants a discount, or they can’t afford to purchase the products that you demonstrate, then show her how she can earn discounts on her products by becoming a Hostess. We have a very lucrative Hostess plan that rewards Hostesses with product discounts. You will find that you will have what we call “repeat Hostesses” that offer to book a Spa for you when they need to place a re-order. Repeat Hostesses and good repeat clients will often make a decision at some point to do what you do when they see what a great opportunity this is. Good Clients make Great Consultants.
· Become a product of your product: You are your own best advertisement for your product line. Become a walking billboard for the products that you use.
o Learn the basic features and benefits of your products
o Try all the products you can so you can learn about them and find your favorites
o Always use your products, especially in public. It is hard to be a product of your product if you pull a Lancôme lip color or a Clinique powder out of your purse at lunch! If you must use another brand, keep it hidden in the wee dark places of your bathroom cupboard.
· Share your passion for your products: Let me tell you, I am NOT a sales person. I don’t like to “sell “ anyone anything, and I certainly don’t like it when someone is “selling” me on something. I do, however, love to share products and ideas that I believe in, and appreciate that when others do the same with me. I am always sharing with people, many times with those that I barely know….my favorite restaurants, movies I have seen, books I have read, products I use….the list goes on and on. It is inevitable whenever I go to a party, and people find out what I do, I end up in a corner helping people with their skin care regimen and putting people in their best makeup colors. I just can’t help it!!! I am passionate about what I do. As a result, I am always creating new customers and signing up new Consultants.
· Be your own best customer: Like many of you, I am a BeautiControl junkie. Whenever someone comes into my house, or whenever I go to theirs, they know exactly what it is that I do. Here are some ideas:
o Whenever you go to a party, instead of taking a bottle of wine to the host, take a few of the Spa products wrapped up in a basket or a gift bag.
o Put the Skin care and bath and body products in each bathroom when you have overnight guests
o Purchase decorative soap dispensers for your kitchen and each of your bathrooms and fill them with your favorite bath or shower gel. I keep mine filled with Spa Sugar body wash. The smell is intoxicating and everyone who tries it falls in love.
o Keep Show of Hands Instant Manicure and Extreme Repair Hand Cream by each sink…your guest’s will love it (and so will your family).
o Give the gift of BeautiControl when you have the opportunity…Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Birthdays, Graduation, Holiday gifts, etc
· Utilize your resources: Remember, we at the home office are here to help you. Use us when you have any concerns. Our job is to ensure that your experience with BeautiControl is an easy and fulfilling experience. We have developed many tools that will help offer product information so you can easily learn about all the features of our incredible products:
o BeautiNet.com – this is an amazing resource that has so many answers to your questions. Use BeautiNet to find product information, product ingredients, frequently asked product questions, online product workshops and training, etc.
o Consultant Guide – the Consultant Guide is one of your best business tools. It has a wealth of specific information for each one of our products. If you need an updated version, you can always log onto BeautiNet, under Forms on File and view the newest version online.
o Share ideas and information with other Consultants…besides being a great source of information, your new BFF (best friend forever) might just be waiting to find you.
o Ask questions. If you can’t find the information that you are looking for, or you are having specific challenges with your own regimen or the regimen of a client, send us an email at email@example.com. No question is a silly question….trust me, I have heard just about everything!
Always contact Consultant Services if you have business questions, problems with an order or need to request a product replacement. They are always there to help make your life easier.
o Finally, and most importantly, ALWAYS READ MY BLOG! Besides keeping me employed, it is a great tool to learn more about the new products, the old products and learn from the feedback of your fellow Consultants. The best learning in the world comes when each of you share your ideas with each other.
· HAVE FUN!: This is the most important rule to remember. If it isn’t fun, don’t do it! We aren’t curing cancer…but we are changing lives! Find your passion, make every moment count and have fun. People want to be part of something fun. You’ll be amazed that you could ever make this much money, having this much fun!
Have an amazing week! Ciao!