The ultimate dream among men and women is to have flexibility and control. This country was founded on these principles as people flocked from other countries in search of the American Dream. One of the things that makes me most proud of my job is that we have the ability to give anyone the opportunity to live the ultimate American Dream. We offer an opportunity to own a business, control their income and live life on their terms. I think that is one of the reasons it turns me inside-out when I hear people present the opportunity to join BeautiControl as a "membership" to get a discount on their products. We are selling a life-changing dream...not a membership! Costco sells memberships...BeautiControl changes lives.
When I was 3, my father came home for lunch from his extremely modest paying job as a foreman for a petroleum plant. He was 45 years old, had a daughter in college, 2 teen-age boys and a 3 year old. He told my mother he was tired of living someone else's dream and asked her if she would support his decision to quit his job and start his own business. He came home that night, threw his hard-hat across the room and the next day WE started our own business. My dad wanted so desperately to un-cuff his dreams and make a better life for his family, control his income and give his family the life that he felt we deserved. My father will always be remembered not as a foreman at a petroleum plant where he spent 25 years of his life, but as one of the most successful and well-respected business owners in our community.
So I guess you can say that I am a little passionate about this topic. You offer the opportunity to help people achieve their dreams by becoming an entrepreneur. Do people think of you as a business owner and take you seriously when it comes to BeautiControl? If the answer to that is either “No”, or “I don’t know”, then you have to ask yourself, “Do I take myself seriously in this business?” “Do I want to, and expect to make money doing this business?”
I have found that when I take myself seriously, others will do the same. When I set expectations of myself and goals for myself, others will support me in those and help me achieve them. When you set the Host’s expectation of a $500 Spa, then you are going to have a $500 Spa. I have seen people in some of the most economically challenged and remote areas of this country have an average of $1500 Spas on a consistent basis. Is it because they are better sellers? No, not necessarily…they just have higher expectations of what they want to achieve in this business.
When you start your BeautiControl business, one of the biggest mistakes you can make is to start giving things away or passing along your discount in order to sell products. You really aren’t selling the products when you do that…you are telling your client that you are not are not confident enough about the quality of the product to sell it at full price, creating a dimished brand value and establishing a dangerous expectation for future purchases. You can never expect that client to pay full price for your products in the future and your business has no chance of being profitable. Your career level discount as a Consultant with BeautiControl is yours…not your friend’s, not your family’s, etc. The career level discount is intended to put money in your pocket, plain and simple. I always say if my friends ask me for my discount, then it’s time for new friends.
You have heard me say quite often that everything happens at the Spa. Are you having Spas today? What have your learned here that you can you incorporate into your Spa to help grow your sales? When you have your Spas, Open House Events or selling situations, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I have a compelling “commercial” that creates interest for my potential new Host or client and lets them know that I am in business to make money?
- Am I branding myself as a Business Owner?
- Do I present myself as a professional Spa Consultant? If you looked at me, whether at the grocery store or at my Spa, would you know that I am in the skin care, Spa and image business?
- Am I a product of my product? (To honestly answer that question, open your purse, your shower or your vanity drawer. If there are cosmetics, skin care or body care products that aren't BeautiControl, then you the answer is no...you are not a product of your product).
- Do I have a BeautiPage, utilize professionally produced e-postcards and/or e-newsletters?
- Do my emails, sales promotions, Spa invitations, Set Sheets have a professional, uniform image that reflects a prestige brand?
- Am I Coaching my Host to be my business partner to help me increase Spa sales to count toward her host credits?
- Am I creating a fun, up-sale, exclusive and prestige image at my Spa?
- Am I making sure that I have the products there for the guest to try, explaining the value of the products, the integrity of the company and the value of having me as their personal sales Consultant?
- Am I selling at full price, using the Host Opportunity to help show any guests who object to the price to show them how to get their products at a discount?
- Am I utilizing the power of “group selling” rather than one-on-one client sales to increase sales, increase booking and show my guests how they can make money by doing what I do?
- Am I expecting to win! Do I have goals for my sales and a plan of how to make them happen? (Only when you want more for yourself will you achieve it).
You have everything, and I do mean everything you need with BeautiControl to create a one-of-a-kind group selling event that rivals anyone in this industry. We have the BEST product line, the BEST price-points and the BEST Profit potential in this industry. When you know that and you believe that, you will start to see your business take flight. Take control of your business and you will be amazed at the magic that you can create for yourself and for your guests.
I hope you all have a wonderful week!