Every skin care company on the planet promises to give you younger acting skin, but it takes a company that truly understands the physiology of aging to deliver skin that not only looks younger, but acts younger. What’s the secret? Well, logic, actually. In order to have skin that looks like it did years ago, the skin has to act like it did years ago.
Not to over-simply the aging process, but in elementary terms, here it is:
- When we are young, the skin naturally regenerates itself more quickly, losing top-layer skin cells at a rapid rate, which triggers the production of new cells at the cellular level, allowing the entire epidermis to be renewed approximately every 30 days.
- This rapid rate of renewal stimulates the production of collagen and elastin in the skin, the building-blocks that keep the skin firm and tight.
- As we age, the rate that we lose top-layer skin cells slows, which slows the rate of cellular renewal, resulting in a dramatic slowing of epidermal renewal. The skin of a 50 year old may only be renewed every 90 to 120 days.
- This slowed rate of cellular regeneration decreases the production of collagen and elastin, and causes the foundation of the skin to begin to break down and weaken. As the foundation of the skin weakens, wrinkles begin to form, the skin begins to thin and lose firmness and elasticity, dark spots and sun damage becomes more visible, etc.
At the core of all of this lies one simple fact…for the skin to act younger, it must regenerate itself more quickly.
This is the core philosophy that BeautiControl adopted years ago in our formula development and is why we are known as an industry leader in anti-aging technology and formulations.
BeautiControl’s 4Rmula for skin regeneration will awaken the skin’s ability to act younger:
Top-layer dead skin cells are bonded tightly together to form a protective armor. These bonds strengthen as we age as a natural defense mechanism, preventing the cell turn-over. Chemical exfoliators such as alpha hydroxy acids, poly hydroxy acids and/or enzymes are crucial components of a skin care regimen because they break down the bonds, or the “glue” that hold dead skin cells to the surface, releasing the dead skin cells so they can be gently and easily removed.
Once the bonds have been dissolved, the dead surface cells are released and can be easily and gently removed revealing fresh, younger looking skin, but more importantly, triggering the production of new skin cell regeneration at the cellular level. Every layer of skin that is shed results in a new layer of cells that are regenerated.
Peptides are bioengineered molecules formed by linking chains of amino acids, the body’s building blocks. These ingredients are readily recognized by the skin and have the ability to be manipulated to penetrate to multiple layers of the skin, and be designed to serve a variety of purposes. Some peptides are engineered to reduce the depth of wrinkles on the face caused by the contraction of muscles of facial expression, especially in the forehead and around the eyes (muscle relaxing). Some are designed to help expedite the production of collagen and elastin in the skin. Some peptides are engineered to help repair the cohesion of the dermis to the epidermis, helping with sagging skin by increasing skin firmness.
Using a product with a combination of these bio-engineered ingredients, combined with an effective delivery system to deliver the ingredients into the layers of the skin will not only offer immediate visible improvements, but help to repair and restructure cellular damage and strengthen the skin’s support foundation.
Increased skin regeneration at the cellular level is triggered from top-layer cellular removal, or exfoliation. While exfoliation alone will increase the rate of cellular renewal, the introduction of retinol to the cellular level of the skin will optimize the regeneration of new cells, by speeding the rate of renewal and aiding in cellular communication.
Retinol is one of the few substances with a small enough molecular structure to penetrate the outer layers of the skin and work to repair the lower layers where collagen and elastin reside. Retinol penetrates deep into the skin, where it becomes fully operative, by enhancing the communication in which the cell is encouraged to function normally and continue regular cell renewal— as opposed to the often misshapen and altered cells associated with the natural aging process. By increasing the production of collagen, retinol assists in creating stronger, healthier skin cells and increases the amount of skin-support substances.
Your daily BeautiControl skin care regimen, combined with weekly specialized treatments deliver on our promise for younger acting skin.
- The complete BC Spa Facial regimen: Containing Alpha and Poly Hydroxy acids for chemical exfoliation, peptides to help firm and tighten the skin and sun/antioxidant protection to ensure that the skin stays protected both day and night.
- Regeneration Overnight: In addition to a potent concentration of retinol, this formula contains a combination of eleven key ingredients to protect skin from free radicals, glycation and protein breakdown – in turn preventing further aging. Together, all of these ingredients provide your skin with the best defense system so it can function properly.
- Regeneration Tight Firm and Fill Extreme: This product contains 3 peptides at their maximum usage levels to relax the expression lines, firm the skin and increase the cohesion of the dermis and epidermis to immediately firm and tighten. This product also contains hyaluronic filling spheres that instantly plump to reduce lines and wrinkles
- Regeneration Tight Firm and Fill Eye Firming Serum: This product contains all the active ingredients of the Tight Firm and Fill face serum , using hyala-sponge technology to ensure that the ingredients are absorbed into the skin and time released for sustained delivery throughout the day.
Treatments (Used 2 to 3 times per week)
- BC Spa Resurfacing Peel: This product contains a 30% acid blend that helps to break down the bonds that hold dry, dead skin cells to the surface of the skin.
- BC Spa Microdermabrasion: This product utilized the same aluminum oxide crystals used by dermatologists to remove dead skin and resurface the skin’s texture without the high price tag!
Women and men of every age will see the benefits of these products, by maintaining that youthful rate of cellular renewal in their 20s or awakening the skin’s ability to renew and regenerate in their 50s. This is what makes a BeautiControl client a client for life.