As we continue to celebrate the success of our new BC Spa Facial line, with over 3 million products being sold in just 6 months, and over 500,000 clients who have been become users of this line, we can tell you that this line is a home-run when it comes to offering you the basic MRP products to help maintain the youth of your skin, repair age and environmental damage and protect your skin from UV radiation and free radical mutations, helping you to protect your investment and stave off the aging process. Remember, everyone uses skin care because they want to delay and reverse the signs of aging, and we have all the tools to do that, at a price that is a fraction of what you would find from the competition.
I hope you all had the opportunity to read my blog called, “Do You Have What it Takes to Look Young? I Do”. In this blog I outlined the top rated and top performing anti-aging ingredients and their functions. Even though BC Spa Facial contains all the necessary components to take care of your basic MRP needs, our special solutions products are still an active part of their necessary skin care regimen. Each of our amazing products contains cosmeceutical strength ingredients that serve the skin’s unique needs. Because we sometimes forget about the key features and benefits of some of our more active product lines, I thought it would be good to take the opportunity to re-introduce some of these key specialty products and outline their unique benefits, starting with one of my MUST HAVE, CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT, favorite products…Regeneration Overnight Retinol Recovery Serum.
Your skin is most active at night. That’s when it goes to work repairing the damage that has occurred throughout the day. Every day your skin is exposed to environmental aggressors – like UV rays, reactive oxygen species (ROS) and pollution. These assaults on your skin do extreme damage on a cellular level, which can lead to DNA mutations. It’s important to wear sunscreen every day, but even then, you cannot protect your skin 100%. UV (sun) damage alone accounts for only half of the damage that occurs to the skin.
Free radicals trigger an aging process, called glycation, in the skin. Glycation is a reaction where sugars attack proteins (like collagen and elastin) making skin more rigid and less elastic – ultimately causing aging. Glycation also decreases enzymatic activity, which skin needs to function properly. Free radical damage (glycation, DNA mutation, etc.) combined with UV damage can result in devastating skin abnormalities. That’s why it’s so important for skin to recover overnight, when it’s not exposed to the environment.
Beauticontrol has the answer to nighttime repair and recovery with Regeneration Overnight. Regeneration Overnight Retinol Recovery Serum contains encapsulated retinol, a multi-functional vitamin that is known for reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improving skin clarity, increasing skin cell turnover and boosting skin’s natural production of collagen. This form of vitamin A is a potent antioxidant, which means that it protects skin from oxidative damage caused by ROS. The retinol used in this formula is encapsulated, protecting the stability and effectiveness of the molecule. Encapsulation also allows for sustained release, so skin receives a continuous delivery of retinol throughout the night.
In addition to retinol, this formula contains a combination of eleven key ingredients to protect skin from free radicals, glycation and protein breakdown – in turn preventing further aging. We searched from the depths of the ocean to the Kalahari Desert to find the best ingredients to protect your skin…
- Purified watermelon extract from the Kalahari Desert that utilizes an evolved defense system to protect the melon’s DNA structure so it can survive in extreme desert conditions.
- Biotechnological silicon derivative combined with a brown algae extract – silicon is a natural component of the skin, and when combined with the brown algae extract it possesses anti-glycation properties. It also has a cyto-stimulating effect to enhance cellular regeneration and boost skin’s natural collagen-building mechanism.
- Multi-mineral skin energizer (comprised of zinc, copper and magnesium) that boosts cell metabolism so it can better produce structural proteins (like collagen and elastin) and enhances normal functions like cell turnover for increased skin vitality.
- Yeast mononucleotides combined with caffeine to protect skin cells from the effects of UVB radiation, like the formation of thymidine dimers, which cause genetic mutations and cell death (a.k.a. apoptosis).
- Biotechnologically produced micro-algae that visibly firms the skin, protects skin cells from oxidative damage and stimulates skin’s natural production of collagen-I.
- Pro-Vitamin B5 – a substance naturally found in healthy cells, this pro-vitamin enhances barrier function to protect, moisturize and soothe skin.
- Thermophilic microorganism from extreme conditions in the deep sea off the Gulf of California – has a multi-enzymatic activity that inhibits ROS damage and protects skin cells from the harmful effects of UVA radiation. It also stimulates skin cell differentiation and strengthens epidermal resistance against aggression.
- Coenzyme Q10 (a.k.a. Ubiquinone) - a potent antioxidant and a critical component in the production of cell energy. It is naturally found in abundance in youthful skin; however, levels of CoQ10 reduce with age.
- Rice extract that contains sirtuin-activating compounds. Sirtuins boost skin’s natural repair and maintenance functions, thus increasing cell longevity and decreasing cellular aging. Sirtuins also protect cells from oxidative stress.
- Vitamin E Acetate – a potent lipophilic antioxidant that can penetrate the epidermis and protect cells from oxidative damage.
- Organically-cultivated green tea extract – rich in polyphenols, this extract has stimulating, soothing, antioxidant properties and is an effective free radical scavenger.
Together, all of these ingredients provide your skin with the best defense system so it can function properly. What does that mean? Skin cells at the basal layer of the epidermis will not mutate – a process that can lead to the appearance of wrinkles, age spots and sagging skin. Collagen and elastin are protected from glycation and will continue being produced normally and will not crosslink and cause rigidity. Overall, your skin will look and act younger and healthier.
- As the skin ages, cellular regeneration slows dramatically, leading to a sluggish cellular metabolism = skin cells turn over more slowly, thus the rate of new cell generation is compromised. to act as it did when you were younger.
- At the lower layers of the epidermis, where new skin cells are developed, the skin is “programmed” to produce an exact clone of the last skin cell that was produced. When we are 20, the skin cells (grapes) that are produced are perfect, undamaged and have no genetic mutations or environmentally related “fractures”.
- As we continue to age, and more and mare damage occurs to the genetic programming of our skin cells, the skin loses the ability to produce new, perfect and undamaged skin cells. As a result, every new layer of skin cells that are produced are increasingly more “fractured” as the damage is compounded.
- Regeneration Overnight Retinol Recovery Complex works two ways:
◦ #1 – speed the rate that new skin cells are developed, helping your skin act as it did when you were younger.
◦ #2 – put a coating of advanced reprogramming active ingredients to help disguise the “fractures” in the skin’s cells, helping to encourage the skin to produce newer, more perfected skin cells with every production of new cells. This formula is designed to help “ reprogram” the genetic mutations and encourage the ability for the skin to regain youthful activity and a greatly perfected appearance. The skin will improve with each new layer of skin cells that are developed to reveal skin that is more perfected with continued use.
Clinical Results: Dermatologist, sensitivity and allergy tested. Non-comedogenic.
100% of Subjects showed statistically significant improvements in skin density after 8 weeks. In this case, density is probably a reflection of the degree of collagen and elastin in the dermis which is a direct indicator of improvements in structure, firmness and elasticity.
“I went back to my home town after not being there for 2 months. One of my friends kept telling me, ‘I just can’t believe how good you look!’ I had been using the product for about 6 weeks by then.”
“I could see after one week that my fine lines were significantly less noticeable.”
“My skin is very dry and I immediately noticed a more supple, moist feeling after just a few applications of the product … and I noticed my skin tone started to even out and I definitely noticed an improvement in my wrinkles.”
“I love the Overnight Retinol Recovery Serum! My skin feels firmer than ever and I feel like I have shaved 5 to 10 years off of my face by using it nightly. Thanks BeautiControl!”
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who should use this product? This product is great for all ages, both men and women, who want advanced repair and protection from fine lines and wrinkles, sagging skin, collagen breakdown and cellular damage resulting in loss of firmness and skin discolorations.
Is there anyone who should not use this product? Since this product contains retinol, those who are pregnant should consult with a physician before using. Refer to product packaging for full warning. If you have a known sensitivity to retinol or have unusually sensitive skin conditions, you should use this product with caution.
Sometimes when I use a product with retinol my skin will peel and/or become irritated, is that normal? Peeling is not abnormal and is actually a sign that the product is working. The function of a repair product is to speed the rate of skin exfoliation and renewal. You may not notice any peeling until after a few days of consecutive use as the skin gets a build-up of the retinol. If the peeling becomes excessive, and is irritating or troublesome, you can back down to every other day until your skin adjusts. Typically, the skin will adjust and you will be able to increase your application to nightly. If you do experience some slight irritation, it will take a few days for the skin to return to normal as retinol is stored in the skin for a longer period of time than other ingredients. If your skin becomes irritated, simply stop using the product for a few nights and use the Skinlogics Sensitive Protective Services to help calm any redness or irritation.
Does this replace the use of TFF? No, if anything, you will see greater benefits if used together.
TFF is a specialty repair product, not a basic recommended repair product like Regeneration Overnight and Regeneration daytime products. TFF is used primarily to tighten and firm loose skin while immediately plumping the lines and wrinkles.
Regeneration Overnight and Regeneration Daytime products are recommended to help restructure the skin to help reverse the appearance of aging, helping the skin to act younger.
Where does this product fit into my regimen? This product should be used at night after cleansing and toning, and before moisturizing. Because this product contains retinol, it is recommended that you wear sunscreen during the day to protect the new, healthy skin cells. To determine the precise order of application, log onto Beautinet and download the BC Spa Facial skin care regimen chart located in the “forms on file” section.
How do I use this product with Regeneration Overnight Retinol Recovery Eye Capsules? At night, apply Retinol Recovery Eye Capsules after Retinol Recovery Face Serum.
Do I still need to use and eye cream with Regeneration Overnight Eye Capsules? Absolutely. Regeneration Overnight eye capsules contain no moisture. Your eye cream is a basic necessity and should always be used in addition to this or any other specialty eye repair product.
What is the difference in the TFF Eye Firming Serum and the Overnight Eye Capsules? These are not at all the same type of products. First, I think it is important to note that both the Regeneration Overnight Retinol Eye Capsules and the TFF Eye Firming Serum are repair products. The TFF Eye Firming Serum is recommended as part of the AM regimen and the Regeneration Overnight is part of the PM regimen. While you can use them both at night, it is really only necessary to have one eye repair product in your AM and PM regimen. Also, neither of these products replace your eye cream. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS use and eye cream in addition to either of these repair products.
Regeneration Overnight Eye Capsules contains time released Retinol. The key benefit is wrinkle reduction and reduction of dark circles under the eyes and around the crow’s feet areas.
TFF Eye Firming Serum contains our patented peptide blend along with hyaluronic sponges to increase skin firmness and help lift the skin around the eyes, including the eyelids.
Can men use this product? Men have the same skin care concerns as women and the same skin care treatments apply for men and women. I would highly recommend this product to any man who is looking to reverse the more significant signs of aging and sun exposure.
If your clients are looking for maximum results, then this is not a product that they should miss out on. Regeneration Overnight, TFF and Microdermabrasion continue to be products that will remain in your skin care regimen, even when using the new BC Spa Facial products. Once you get your clients hooked on the benefits that they will experience with the BC Spa Facial line, make sure that you follow-up with them and introduce them to the additional products that you offer in your anti-aging arsenal.
Remember, if you have any product questions, comments or concerns, please be sure to email us at email@example.com.
Have a great week.